Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
US (CA): PlantTape names Lance Portman as VP of EngineeringPlantTape has announced its newest addition to their forward thinking team, Lance Portman as Vice President of Engineering. He will support the rapidly growing global demand for the automated transplanting technology.
“We are very excited to welcome Lance to our PlantTape team and to have his guidance to further develop our revolutionary PlantTape system,” stated Brian Antle, President of PlantTape, USA. “His proven track record of taking out of the box ideas and bringing them to commercialization is well documented and we look forward to furthering our business with Lance as a key player on our team.”
Prior to this new endeavor with PlantTape, Lance has held several leadership positions that spanned across the United States, Canada, Indonesia, and Singapore. He held a variety of roles during his 14-year tenure at BJ Services Company including Technical Advisor, and Director of Research & Engineering Coiled Tubing. Lance later joined Baker Hughes Incorporated as Vice President of Coiled Tubing & Cementing, and later as Director of Technology. Most recently, Lance held the position of Vice President of Marketing at Cormorant Engineering LLC.
Lance’s 30 years of global engineering experience outside of the agricultural industry brings a new set of eyes and an open mind to PlantTape. “He brings an international perspective to business models at a time when global demand is increasing rapidly and his leadership will allow him to work with our two factories is the U.S and Spain to meet these growing needs,” said Antle.
A graduate of Saint John’s College, University of Cambridge, he obtained both a Master of Science and Bachelor of Science in Engineering with honors. Lance is the recipient of several awards for his work in engineering and technology; has published 26 papers in the Society of Petroleum Engineers, and holds eight patents.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/22/2018
Other news in this sector: