Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Stricter supervision of Shanghai strawberry growers
Shanghai's Agricultural Commission is increasing supervision of its food safety traceability system on strawberries to cover more local suppliers. This system enables Shanghai residents to find out the strawberries' origin and quality indexes, simply by scanning a QR code on the package.
The Shanghai Agricultural Commission launched random inspections on strawberry producers in December - which will continue into April - checking for residues of 35 pesticides. According to an ecns.cn article, so far only two suppliers failed the test.
Last year, Shanghai's total production of strawberries totalled 42,000 tons. This year the amount is likely to be less, which could push up prices.
Publication date: 1/23/2018
Other news in this sector: