Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Stricter supervision of Shanghai strawberry growers
Shanghai's Agricultural Commission is increasing supervision of its food safety traceability system on strawberries to cover more local suppliers. This system enables Shanghai residents to find out the strawberries' origin and quality indexes, simply by scanning a QR code on the package.
The Shanghai Agricultural Commission launched random inspections on strawberry producers in December - which will continue into April - checking for residues of 35 pesticides. According to an ecns.cn article, so far only two suppliers failed the test.
Last year, Shanghai's total production of strawberries totalled 42,000 tons. This year the amount is likely to be less, which could push up prices.
Publication date: 1/23/2018
Other news in this sector: