Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
China: Stricter supervision of Shanghai strawberry growers
Shanghai's Agricultural Commission is increasing supervision of its food safety traceability system on strawberries to cover more local suppliers. This system enables Shanghai residents to find out the strawberries' origin and quality indexes, simply by scanning a QR code on the package.
The Shanghai Agricultural Commission launched random inspections on strawberry producers in December - which will continue into April - checking for residues of 35 pesticides. According to an ecns.cn article, so far only two suppliers failed the test.
Last year, Shanghai's total production of strawberries totalled 42,000 tons. This year the amount is likely to be less, which could push up prices.
Publication date: 1/23/2018
Other news in this sector: