- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- UK: New date announced for Fruit Focus 2019
- US: Rat lungworm infection linked to raw vegetables
- Producing food products protected by a ‘geographical indication’ if there’s no Brexit deal
- US: Commodities primarily sourced domestically face lowest compliance costs for Produce Rule
- Crop picking robot ‘Tarzan’ inspired by sloths
Top 5 -last week
Kenya: Students grow tomatoes in high-altitude greenhouse
The previous government of Nyandarua County, for instance, started a project targeting schools to illustrate how the crop can be managed in an otherwise cold environment and still attract good returns.
Kieni Secondary School in Kaimbaga ward, Ol’ Kalou, was one of the selected schools that the county government for the project.
The school’s administration presented Peter Wambugu who had been employed as a groundsman in the school. He fit the bill perfectly since he had acquired a diploma in agriculture from Egerton University.
After a training provided by the government, Wambugu dedicated all his energy to ensuring that the project became a success.
He followed the steps as laid down by the trainers as well as those of the agricultural extension officers and commercial companies enjoined in the project.
And succeed he did, earning the school more than Sh300,000 (2,900 USD) after a complete harvest of the first crop.
Read more at the Daily Nation (John Githinji)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Canada: Opportunity Scholarships awarded to students pursuing education in agriculture and food-related fields
- 10/12/2018 Cees and Nynke Groenewegen grow 25 tomato varieties in Sweden
- 10/11/2018 Canada: Winners announced of 2018-19 ASPB Conviron Scholars Program
- 10/11/2018 Malaysia: Three friends supply fresh veggies thanks to NFT
- 10/10/2018 “I care about Dutch product a great deal”
- 10/10/2018 Serbia arrests 36 for alleged smuggling of EU fruit to Russia
- 10/10/2018 Can the Russian greenhouse industry overcome the challenges?
- 10/10/2018 Four million sealed bell peppers for cruise ships and military bases per year
- 10/08/2018 From rose greenhouse to vineyard under glass
- 10/08/2018 US (TX): Big Tex Urban Farms donate more to local community thanks to oxygen nanobubbles
- 10/08/2018 US (MI): Flint resident wants to beat the food desert with a greenhouse
- 10/05/2018 US (IL): Organic farm sees "healthy and productive tomatoes" with clipper system
- 10/05/2018 CAN (ON): Tomato grower to be sentenced for illegal cannabis
- 10/04/2018 Courgette: a good beginning for the autumnal campaign
- 10/03/2018 CAN (BC): Village Farms Runs for the Cure
- 10/03/2018 Tomato grower celebrates 10 years in Tunisia
- 10/03/2018 UAE: Pure Harvest reaps 1.5 million USD investment
- 10/03/2018 CGC Bus Tour: challenges for Canadian enterprises in a good market
- 10/02/2018 Chinese flag made of peppers
- 10/01/2018 Minister MacAulay concludes second "Growing Canadian Agriculture" tour