- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Nigeria: Irrigation uptake leads to improved tomato crop
Some years back, the farmers suffered chronic glut of the produce as the various farming communities harvested the produce at the same time.
A farmer in Tafoki Faskari LGA, Sagir Ahmed, said though staggering tomato cultivation has long been popular among farmers in some states, lack of adequate and reliable irrigation water was making those in Katsina to use what is available and produce the crop in droves.
It was discovered that young men in their 20s and 30s at Tafoki village have taken over the irrigation activities, a situation that is boosting the volume of tomato produced yearly in the area.
Shafi’u Ashiru, a large scale farmer, said almost every family has one or two persons that partake in irrigation activities in the village.
Read more at the Daily Trust (Idris Mahmud)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/11/2018 "Make growing easier with fewer drawbacks"
- 10/11/2018 UK: Sharing is caring with Next Generation Growing (NGG) techniques
- 10/11/2018 Netherlands: Demonstration fossil-free tomato cultivation begins
- 10/11/2018 Plant Empowerment book officially launched at CGC
- 10/09/2018 Grant recipients to study produce and bee pollination
- 10/03/2018 Turkey: Growers recoup their losses with zucchini production
- 10/01/2018 Imaginative Chinese statue: Rooster made out of peppers and corn
- 10/01/2018 Turkey: Grower in Antalya switches from tomato and pepper to dragon fruit
- 10/01/2018 "Empower your plants and your business"
- 09/27/2018 ‘2018 is one of the hardest growing seasons ever’
- 09/26/2018 US: Fredericton sees giant 1,808-pound pumpkin
- 09/25/2018 Shout-out to the bell pepper
- 09/24/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in parsley and rosemary
- 09/24/2018 Grapes and algae - China's new weapons against desertification
- 09/24/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in mint
- 09/24/2018 Saving the prized chile that grows only in Oaxaca’s mountains
- 09/24/2018 Kim Jong Un presents South Korea with two tons of Pine mushrooms
- 09/21/2018 Growers in autonomous cucumber greenhouse are doing well
- 09/21/2018 How to minimize downtime between hydroponic crop cycles
- 09/20/2018 UK: Optimising flavour in chives