Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (BC): 700,000 sq.ft. MMJ greenhouse planned in South OkanaganPenticton resident and owner of Poplar Grove Winery, Tony Holler, is preparing to build what would be the province's largest medical cannabis facility in the South Okanagan.
A 700,000 square-foot greenhouse is proposed to be built in the Osoyoos Indian Band's Senkulmen Business Park, and will produce about 125,000 kilograms of medical cannabis annually.
The facility is expected to be a "high-technology" greenhouse made with material from the Netherlands, which is compliant with federal good-manufacturing practices.
He said it will be environmentally friendly by using the energy of the sun to grow cannabis as well as technology to control factors such as humidity, oxygen and nutrients.
Holler hopes construction can begin this spring and that operations can begin in the spring of 2019. He expects to employ about 200 people.
Read more at Castanet (Colton Davies)
Publication date: 1/23/2018
Other news in this sector: