Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Gold for PMV-01 at Sival Exhibition in FranceThe vaccination strategy PMV-01 against Pepino Mosaic Virus (PepMV) has won a “Sival d’Or” at the Sival-expo 2018. After years of scientific research, PMV-01 became the first biocontrol agent available on the European market against PepMV, a disease that causes a lot of damage in the greenhouse tomato industry globally.
Sival organizes an innovation contest that puts new developments in horti- and agriculture in the spotlights per specific category. This year DCM and DCM-Soprimex participated in this contest with PMV-01 in the category of “Inputs, crop protection, fertilizers, substrates”, and were awarded the “Sival d’or” or the gold medal.
“We are very happy with this prestigious price” says Thijs De Langhe, Business Development Manager PMV-01. “PMV-01 is the first plant vaccine officially registered and allowed in the most important tomato countries in Europe. The vaccine contains a mild isolate of the CH2 stem of the Pepino Mosaic Virus as the active substance. The defense mechanism of the tomato plants is activated by the vaccine and therefore the plants are protected against aggressive attacks of PepMV in the rest of the season. Quality losses and production losses because of PepMV can be avoided with the use of PMV-01. Furthermore, it is a 100% biological product that has no effect on humans and animals and thus also does not affect beneficials used widely in tomato greenhouse production."
Thijs de Langhe at the Sival-expo. Watch the interview (in French).
“In France an official authorization for the use of PMV-01 was received in the summer of 2016. However, the season before it was already possible to vaccinate with PMV-01 with the received 120 days approval because the problems with PepMV were that important. The first region in France where the product was used was Nantes, but currently it is also being used in the region of Rennes, Brest and the South of France. Because of the good results, an increase in the use of PMV-01 in France is expected in the future.”
For more information:
+32(0)14 25 73 57
+32(0)14 21 76 02
Publication date: 1/22/2018
Other news in this sector: