Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Iran: Fall in agricultural exportsNews reports confirm that Iran’s agricultural exports amounted to $4 billion during the first nine months of the current fiscal year (March 20-December 21), 3.4 percent less year-on-year.
The country exported 4.19 million tons of agricultural products during the period, which is 2.4 percent less compared to the same period of the preceding year, according to the data released by Iran’s Agriculture Ministry. Agricultural products had 12.7 percent share in Iran’s overall exports in the 9-month period in terms of value and 4.7 percent in terms of volume.
Agronomic products topped the list of exports with 63.4 percent share in terms of volume, followed by horticultural products (21.6 percent) and livestock (12.3 percent).
Watermelon topped the list of exports in terms of volume. Iran exported 717,340 tons of watermelon, followed by tomatoes (369,370 tons), potatoes (353,910 tons), apple (256,210 tons) and wheat flour (214,420 tons).
Meanwhile, pistachio ($820.17 million), saffron ($144.5 million), tomato paste ($138 million) and watermelon ($137.1 million) topped the list of Iran’s agricultural exports in terms of value.
According to an azernews.az article, Iranian officials say that the country’s annual agricultural output stands at 120 million tons, worth at $80 million. The figure includes 82 million tons of crops, 20 million tons of horticultural products, 14 million tons of livestock, and over one million tons of fishery products.
Publication date: 1/22/2018
Other news in this sector: