Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canopy Growth deal marks policy shift for Canadian banksThe Bank of Montrealís participation in a major financing deal for licensed cannabis producer Canopy Growth marks a big policy shift for Canadaís biggest banks, which may be warming up to the cannabis sector.
Canopy, Canadaís biggest licensed cannabis producer, announced Wednesday that BMO Capital Markets and GMP Securities were leading its $175-million bought-deal offering of roughly five million shares.
Until now, Canadian banks have been reluctant to service the countryís burgeoning cannabis industry, leaving smaller banks and financial institutions to cash in on pot companiesí financing and commercial banking needs.
However, the legislative landscape in Canada is changing rapidly as the federal and provincial governments gear up for legalization of cannabis for recreational use by this summer, and pot stocks have seen significant gains over the past year in anticipation.
Read more at the Toronto Star
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Other news in this sector: