- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Mexican algorithm to control greenhouses wins competition in the Netherlands
- US (FL): Agriculture, natural resources and food industries grew 2007-2016
- How Greenyard got to sell the Horticultural business
- Record harvest at Antarctic greenhouse
- Canadian laboratory expands greenhouse disease diagnostic and management services
Top 5 -last week
New Zealand: Greenhouse energy usage and waste survey
As you may be aware, on 18th December the Government announced the process for a Zero Carbon Bill, which sets the high-level legislative framework for climate change policy. During 2018 the Government intend to set a target for 2050 and establish an independent Climate Change Commission. Key issues for the Climate Change group include agriculture and renewable energy, and this will affect how the ETS programme operates over time.
Public consultation on this is expected by mid-2018 thus it’s important to have up-to-date information on growers’ energy use and greenhouse practices in order to speak on your behalf with Government.
TomatoesNZ estimates the survey will take between 5 -10 minutes to complete if you have your energy bills ready to refer to. They have also included questions on waste management practices given the importance of this area on the industry’s long-term sustainability. Some of the information may be hard to put a figure on so really your best guess would be suitable.
They last gathered data on greenhouse carbon foot prints in a 2008 survey and a lot has changed since then, so to best represent you for support with research, new technology developments and implementation, and sharing best practice your help is needed. Your individual responses will remain confidential and the information provided will only be used in a combined industry format that does not identify individual operations.
In order to start pulling together data received, the organizaton asks that you please complete this survey by 28 February 2018.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- 10/10/2018 "It's as if a car leasing company would also do the oil drilling"
- 10/09/2018 NL: "Availability of biomass under pressure"
- 10/05/2018 Support Scheme for Renewable Heat opens in Ireland
- 10/03/2018 Combining geothermal heat with super-fast internet
- 09/28/2018 Biogas specialist presents concepts for energy plants and slurry processing
- 09/28/2018 CAN (ON): "Avoid having biomass sent to landfill"
- 09/28/2018 "Energy industry is forever evolving"
- 09/28/2018 "Keeping up with high operational heating costs is a challenge"
- 09/26/2018 TomatoesNZ on the latest Emissions Trading Scheme review
- 09/24/2018 US (FL): Tecogen adds new service center to support growing fleet in Southeast
- 09/24/2018 Indoor farming: an opportunity for geothermal?
- 09/21/2018 California to build first large-scale water storage after 40 years
- 09/19/2018 New range of powerful medium speed V-Engines
- 09/13/2018 "Geothermal sector has 5 to 8 years to prove its competitiveness"
- 09/12/2018 "Transformers: a risk and business continuity puzzle"
- 09/04/2018 "Brexit reports misleading world of currency"
- 07/20/2018 "Use of CHP for biomass and green gas mainly at high lighting levels and CO2 requirement"
- 07/19/2018 Energy-generating glass saves water, boosts yields
- 07/19/2018 Netherlands: Houweling builds 46,000 m2 sunroof