Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Israel: Government won't allow MMJ exports after allWith dozens of Israeli growers and manufacturers receiving licenses to produce medicinal cannabis, bureaucratic roadblocks and ministerial infighting could leave the marijuana to eventually rot or be sold on the black market.
Last week, the cabinet hinted that it would approve exports of medicinal cannabis during the 2019 state budget vote, only to dash hopes by leaving the measure out.
The government reportedly told Israeli medicinal marijuana companies that their exports would be approved by 2018, according to industry employees. That persuaded the companies to embark on multi-billion shekel investments, some of which could now be in jeopardy.
“Now we have a big problem because it will be three months from now and [the growers] still won’t have export licenses,” said Hagit Weinstock, an attorney who represents 60 Israeli cannabis growers and producers.
Read more at the Jerusalem Post (Max Schindler)
Publication date: 1/25/2018
Other news in this sector: