Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Iran: Fifth place in global vegetable outputIran has 900,000 hectares under vegetable cultivation and produces about 28 million tons of different kinds of vegetables per year. This makes it the seventh and fifth in the world in terms of land under cultivation and volume of production respectively, according to the chairman of the Horticultural Science Research Institute, Darab Hosseini.
He added that most of the vegetable cultivation in Iran is carried out in open land. However, plans are underway to increase the country’s greenhouse area. The area under greenhouse cultivation in Iran is presently 12,157 hectares. The government plans to increase the area under greenhouse cultivation in Iran to more than 48,000 hectares by the end of the 20-Year Vision Plan (2005-25).
According to an article on financialtribune.com, the government expects to annually produce 21 million tons of agri products in greenhouses when the project is completed.
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Other news in this sector: