Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Iran: Fifth place in global vegetable outputIran has 900,000 hectares under vegetable cultivation and produces about 28 million tons of different kinds of vegetables per year. This makes it the seventh and fifth in the world in terms of land under cultivation and volume of production respectively, according to the chairman of the Horticultural Science Research Institute, Darab Hosseini.
He added that most of the vegetable cultivation in Iran is carried out in open land. However, plans are underway to increase the countryís greenhouse area. The area under greenhouse cultivation in Iran is presently 12,157 hectares. The government plans to increase the area under greenhouse cultivation in Iran to more than 48,000 hectares by the end of the 20-Year Vision Plan (2005-25).
According to an article on financialtribune.com, the government expects to annually produce 21 million tons of agri products in greenhouses when the project is completed.
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Other news in this sector: