- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- AU: "Kumato proving to be a major hit with consumers"
- US (NV): Aquaponics farm increases tomato yields by 20% with new lighting
- Agricultural Council Jean Rummenie talks about Dutch-Mexican relations
- Organic Grower Summit announces second education session
- Five lessons from the Australian strawberry needle crisis
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- "We believe in a co-creative approach within the greenhouse horticulture sector"
- Research seeks more productive tomato for southeast Turkey
- Driscoll's responds to 'slave-labor' claims at their Mexico operations
- Parametrization of aerodynamic and canopy resistances for modeling evapotranspiration of greenhouse cucumber
- US (MA): AmeriCann releases designs for 345,000 sq.ft. MJ facility
UK: Angus strawberry grower goes for clean energy
“We have already installed biomass systems in our greenhouses, and are in the process of putting in a second phase,” he said.
“We started by using a straw boiler but found this to be too high in emissions so have replaced this with wood chip ones which is more efficient. We also have access to a piece of local woodland locally so we can sustainably source the wood chips.”
The development was supported by Angus Council’s Economic Development Unit.
Read more at The Courier (Nancy Nicolson)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- 10/10/2018 "It's as if a car leasing company would also do the oil drilling"
- 10/09/2018 NL: "Availability of biomass under pressure"
- 10/05/2018 Support Scheme for Renewable Heat opens in Ireland
- 10/03/2018 Combining geothermal heat with super-fast internet
- 09/28/2018 Biogas specialist presents concepts for energy plants and slurry processing
- 09/28/2018 CAN (ON): "Avoid having biomass sent to landfill"
- 09/28/2018 "Energy industry is forever evolving"
- 09/28/2018 "Keeping up with high operational heating costs is a challenge"
- 09/26/2018 TomatoesNZ on the latest Emissions Trading Scheme review
- 09/24/2018 US (FL): Tecogen adds new service center to support growing fleet in Southeast
- 09/24/2018 Indoor farming: an opportunity for geothermal?
- 09/21/2018 California to build first large-scale water storage after 40 years
- 09/19/2018 New range of powerful medium speed V-Engines
- 09/13/2018 "Geothermal sector has 5 to 8 years to prove its competitiveness"
- 09/12/2018 "Transformers: a risk and business continuity puzzle"
- 09/04/2018 "Brexit reports misleading world of currency"
- 07/20/2018 "Use of CHP for biomass and green gas mainly at high lighting levels and CO2 requirement"
- 07/19/2018 Energy-generating glass saves water, boosts yields
- 07/19/2018 Netherlands: Houweling builds 46,000 m2 sunroof