Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Angus strawberry grower goes for clean energyAbbey Fruit farm supplies Marks & Spencer’s ‘Top Tier’ range and the company’s managing director, Peter Stirling, said reducing waste was paramount to his business.
“We have already installed biomass systems in our greenhouses, and are in the process of putting in a second phase,” he said.
“We started by using a straw boiler but found this to be too high in emissions so have replaced this with wood chip ones which is more efficient. We also have access to a piece of local woodland locally so we can sustainably source the wood chips.”
The development was supported by Angus Council’s Economic Development Unit.
Read more at The Courier (Nancy Nicolson)
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Other news in this sector: