Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Angus strawberry grower goes for clean energyAbbey Fruit farm supplies Marks & Spencer’s ‘Top Tier’ range and the company’s managing director, Peter Stirling, said reducing waste was paramount to his business.
“We have already installed biomass systems in our greenhouses, and are in the process of putting in a second phase,” he said.
“We started by using a straw boiler but found this to be too high in emissions so have replaced this with wood chip ones which is more efficient. We also have access to a piece of local woodland locally so we can sustainably source the wood chips.”
The development was supported by Angus Council’s Economic Development Unit.
Read more at The Courier (Nancy Nicolson)
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Other news in this sector: