Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Azerbaijani students develop smart greenhouseStudents of the Azerbaijan State University of Oil and Industry have developed a 'smart greenhouse'. Rusif Huseynov, a source close to the project, said that the project provides for the full automation of the process of growing vegetables in a greenhouse.
"The students created an easy-to-use and reliable system, with good performance. Today, Azerbaijani entrepreneurs import such solutions from Germany and the Netherlands. The solution developed by our students is in no way inferior to, and in many ways even exceeds the functionality of foreign analogues", he said.
Azerbaijan has three major greenhouse vegetable production areas: the western part of the country (mainly Ganja and Shamkir regions); the central region (mainly Absheron peninsula); and the southern region Lankaran and Astara area. Of this area, which is approximately 280 hectares, about 20 percent are antiquated Soviet style greenhouses. Many of these are currently being updated and repaired by their owners.
Additionally, new structures of Israeli, Dutch, Turkish and Italian companies have been built or are in the planning stages of construction.
Furthermore, about 30 percent of these greenhouses are home built polyethylene covered greenhouses with mixed wooden and steel frame materials.
Read more at MENAFN (Aygul Salmanova)
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Other news in this sector: