Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Sun&Vegs presents new line of microgreens with a Mediterranean touch
Sun&Vegs, a brand specialized in fresh and healthy produce will present its latest innovations at this year's Fruit Logistica come February. Besides its traditional agricultural selection, well-known for its Mediterranean accent, the brand will present microgreens, early vegetable shoots which are marketed "live".
"We're talking about a product which is gaining increasing visibility in international cuisine due to its distinctive smell, flavour and colour, moreover it holds a high concentration of nutritional properties. Sun&Vegs' microgreens will be presented in four different varieties, each one with its own characteristic colour and flavour: broccoli, mustard, radish and kale," representatives of the company told.
"To guarantee the maximum freshness and quality of these microgreens, our brand has developed an innovative type of packaging, with a substrate base, which allows the product to be marketed "live", therefore lengthening its shelf life and easing its consumption."
The cultivation of these microgreens by Sun&Vegs is part of the development that the company is carrying out at its Agronomic Innovation Centre (CIAM) in Montserrat (Valencia), the main aim of these facilities is to investigate cultivation processes and methods which are efficient and sustainable, as well as trialing the latest agricultural varieties in modern day food trends, as are baby lettuce (sprouts), or the very microgreens themselves.
The brand will be present at the Fruit Logistic fair: Hall 8.2, Stand A-03
For more information:
Mob: +34 608 307 402
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Other news in this sector: