Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Italy: Open day at Vvibes
The first Vvibes Open Day took place a few days ago. Over 400 people attended including producers, technicians and dealers from central and south-western Sicily. The brand new R&D facility was also unveiled.
Event focused on new commercial varieties
Varieties presented included a new cherry tomato called Valentino F1, which has excellent characteristics that include early ripening. Bunches are bright red and extremely regularly proportioned.
Other varieties presented were: Placido F1 - new elegant midi-plum with plants that tolerate cold well, meaning they are suitable for winter cycles. In addition, they are vigorous and highly productive. X14 F1, is a San Marzano characterised by strong plants producing a lot of uniform regular bunches. Fruits have a typical San Marzano shape, they are bright red and their grade is perfect for this segment.
Over the past couple of years, Vvibes has grown a lot thanks to its research, which is conducted directly in the production areas of interest. The productive world seems to appreciate its varieties a lot.
Vvibes also develops rootstocks: Selvaggio F1 is an interspecific tomato rootstock that is becoming increasingly popular thanks to its resistance to soil-borne diseases and the balanced vegetative/productive effect. Fruits have a deeper colour with an unaltered Brix level.
Via Magenta, 432
97019 Vittoria (RG) - Italy
Tel.: +39 389 4430170 (Western Sicily)
Tel.: +39 327 5719720 (Eastern Sicily)
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Other news in this sector: