Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
US: FMC publishes Farmers Market Legal ToolkitIn partnership with the Center for Agriculture and Food Systems at Vermont Law School and NOFA-VT, FMC is sharing the Farmers Market Legal Toolkit. Created with support from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), the toolkit is a response to recurring questions from farmers market managers as they make decisions to build and grow their markets.
“Markets constantly contact us for the type of legal assistance that this toolkit covers,” said Darlene Wolnik, FMC’s Senior Researcher. “Since a primary mission of markets is to offer community spaces open to one and all, it is vital that they are as inviting as possible, but also imperative that they are designed to protect the organization, vendors, and shoppers by reducing any risks. We think this site will offer markets that type of help.”
These new legal resources are designed for market leaders looking for legal tools to help them build resilient farmers markets in their communities. The toolkit includes best practices and case studies market leaders can use to optimize market governance structures, accept SNAP benefits, and manage common risks.
“The Farmers Market Legal Toolkit is a one-stop resource to give market leaders an understanding of legal options before they start making decisions,” said Erin Buckwalter of NOFA-VT. “The toolkit provides a firm understanding of the legal landscape, offering an important overview of resources for farmers market organizers.”
For more information, a free webinar about the Farmers Market Legal Toolkit will take place on Thursday, February 1 at 12:00pm EST. To register, visit farmersmarketlegaltoolkit.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Farmers Market Legal Toolkit is free and available online at https://farmersmarketlegaltoolkit.org
Publication date: 1/19/2018
Other news in this sector: