- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Hydroponic Crop Manager
- Area Manager North-America
- Business Development Manager - LED Horticulture
- General Manager/Sales Manager - Mannum, South Australia
- Produce sales professionals
- Salesman - Vojvodina, North Serbia
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Production lab manager - Oregon, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Labour shortages, mountains of paperwork and uncertainty
- China: Machines will help Xinjiang farmers harvest chilli peppers faster
- Construction at new Amsterdam Perishable Center started
- US vertical farm supplier partners with Spanish greenhouse builder
- Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
Top 5 -last week
US (IN): Greenhouse grower helps others with autism
"The office that I was working in, they expected to follow instructions verbally," he explains. "I'm more of a visual learner."
With the help of his mother, that led to the birth of Green Bridge Growers, a commercial greenhouse in South Bend that provides fresh vegetables and flowers to local restaurants and florists.
The two combined their strong suits. Chris brought his passion for the environment and science, and Jan, a long-time professor, took over the business part of Green Bridge.
"It was a leap of faith for me. I was working and teaching here locally at Saint Mary's College," Jan says. "As a mother and someone concerned with social justice, this just seemed the right thing to do."
Employing their first four full-time employees this month, Jan says they've grown by leaps and bounds from their humble beginnings in 2013.
"We now have two 2,000-square-foot greenhouses," Jan says.
And with land that extends beyond these greenhouses, this young entrepreneur and his mom plan to expand their field of dreams to help many more.
Read more at WNDU (Maureen McFadden)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-11-20 "Make a difference, not on price, but on quality, continuity, and sustainability"
- 2018-11-20 US (GA): Vegetable growers have a new resource
- 2018-11-20 A look at one of New Zealand's biggest eggplant growers
- 2018-11-19 AU: Flavorite expansion leads to higher capsicum production
- 2018-11-19 Australian berry growers unite
- 2018-11-19 La Libellula is the first to grow ginger in Italy
- 2018-11-19 Turkey: Cucumber grower harvests 1,750 tons with government support
- 2018-11-19 Scuba company grows produce in world's first underwater farm
- 2018-11-16 US (CT): 38-year industry veteran on transition to MMJ
- 2018-11-16 US (CA): Microgreens grower has been supplying restaurants for two decades
- 2018-11-16 "Together you can translate innovation into an effective solution"
- 2018-11-15 US (CA): Making the shift from combat to crops
- 2018-11-15 Canadian grower slips into sweet potato production
- 2018-11-15 "We know a lot more than we did a year ago, but for every answer we find there's three more questions popping up"
- 2018-11-14 Technological greenhouses: the winter tomato harvesting has started
- 2018-11-14 US (AZ): Copperstate Farms decreases cannabis crop cycle by 15%
- 2018-11-13 "I am not a die-hard entrepreneur, my passion is working with cucumbers"
- 2018-11-13 US (VT): Hydroponics business doubles growth in a year
- 2018-11-13 Colombian journalists discover Dutch horticulture
- 2018-11-12 CAN (ON): Organic farmer uses portable greenhouses to extend growing season