- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- UK: Start-up secures funding to launch commercial scale trials for hydroponic growing system
- US: Semi trucks carrying fruit overturn, in Oklahoma and California
- New 'superfood' salad by Californian producer
- ”Fresh Business Expo proven to be effective platform for Ukraine's fresh produce industry”
- New tray prevents root circling
Top 5 -last week
Uzbekistan: Fruit and veg export growth in 2017
Of the total volume of fruit and vegetable and products of their processing, the share of fruits and berries amounted to 35.9 percent (+17 percent compared to the same period in 2016), vegetables amounted to 30.7 percent (+18.6 percent) and grapes amounted to 22.5 percent (+12.2 percent).
The main foreign trade partners in 2017 were Kazakhstan, Russia, Afghanistan, China, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan and Iraq. The foreign trade turnover of the republic for the past year amounted to about $ 27 billion. Of this amount, exports exceed imports by $ 945.5 million.
Agreements on the supply of fruit and vegetable products for 2018 and 2019 have already been signed with South Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, the U.S., Indonesia, Germany and other countries.
According to an azernews.az article, the plans for 2018 also include creation of a network of logistics centres for further export - for preparation, labelling and packaging of products, introduction of advanced technologies in production and processing, and creation of a unified system for exporters of agricultural products.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/12/2018 Turkey: 1.1 billion USD exports from West Mediterranean region of Turkey so far in 2018
- 10/12/2018 Ukraine Jan-Sep 2018: Tomato exports down 29%
- 10/12/2018 US: California Farm Academy tackles ag labor shortage
- 10/12/2018 NZ food prices ease as lettuce prices plunge
- 10/12/2018 "Russian state subsidizes about 16 thousand agro-industrial investment projects"
- 10/12/2018 OVERVIEW GLOBAL PEPPER MARKET
- 10/11/2018 The roar of Russia’s glass bear
- 10/11/2018 US (NY): Brighton Farmers Market gets $1M for new permanent location
- 10/11/2018 Why consumers worldwide are eating ever-more snack vegetables
- 10/11/2018 Ireland allocates €6 million for horticulture
- 10/11/2018 Horticulture initiative focuses on nutrients: "Healthy food makes you feel better"
- 10/11/2018 Food waste in Poland relatively high compared to other EU countries
- 10/10/2018 China: Coriander price dropped 76% this week
- 10/10/2018 How France uses its land
- 10/09/2018 'Profit margins for root vegetables and cabbage specialties are getting bigger every year' '
- 10/09/2018 China: Machines will help Xinjiang farmers harvest chilli peppers faster
- 10/09/2018 World Bank concerned about Morocco’s economic outlook
- 10/09/2018 Turkey: Green pepper production and export figures
- 10/09/2018 Bad weather strikes southern Italy once again
- 10/08/2018 UK Department of Agriculture to recruit 116 border control staff