Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uzbekistan: Fruit and veg export growth in 2017The volume of Uzbek exports of fruits and vegetables in 2017 amounted to $708.8 million; almost 15 percent more than in 2016.
Of the total volume of fruit and vegetable and products of their processing, the share of fruits and berries amounted to 35.9 percent (+17 percent compared to the same period in 2016), vegetables amounted to 30.7 percent (+18.6 percent) and grapes amounted to 22.5 percent (+12.2 percent).
The main foreign trade partners in 2017 were Kazakhstan, Russia, Afghanistan, China, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan and Iraq. The foreign trade turnover of the republic for the past year amounted to about $ 27 billion. Of this amount, exports exceed imports by $ 945.5 million.
Agreements on the supply of fruit and vegetable products for 2018 and 2019 have already been signed with South Korea, China, Saudi Arabia, the U.S., Indonesia, Germany and other countries.
According to an azernews.az article, the plans for 2018 also include creation of a network of logistics centres for further export - for preparation, labelling and packaging of products, introduction of advanced technologies in production and processing, and creation of a unified system for exporters of agricultural products.
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Other news in this sector: