Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
15% increase compared to last year
Promotable volume of Mexican-grown asparagus starting in February
Crystal Valley Foods (Crystal Valley) will have significant volume of Mexican grown asparagus from the Caborca region in Northern Senora starting in February through March 2018. There is expected to be about a 15 percent increase in volume over the same time period last year and good quality product.
"The weather in the Caborca region has been excellent and pending continued good weather, we anticipate promotable quantities in February and March in a full range of sizes,” said Katiana Valdes, Director of Marketing, Crystal Valley Foods.
The Caborca region in Mexico is an important supplier of green asparagus for the North American market when Peruvian volume slows down and Crystal Valley has strong partnerships with its growers in Mexico. The product ships through their distribution point in San Luis, AZ.
The company offers the standard 11lb and 28lb cases, as well as tips, and value-added product in 2lb, 1lb, 8oz, 6oz, extended shelf life, microwave pouches.
Crystal Valley Foods
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Other news in this sector: