Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Mike Chapman, Horticulture New Zealand:
"Seasonal labour a vital ingredient"Research New Zealand recently conducted a survey reporting on the impacts of the RSE scheme, where it has directly enabled:
- The area under cultivation to expand consistently over the last three years.
- The employment of more permanent and seasonal New Zealand workers.
- A more stable workforce, with better and more productive workers.
The RSE scheme has been in operation for 10 years, and has supported the growth of New Zealand horticulture throughout, allowing growing operations to expand, and enabling the employment of more permanent and seasonal Kiwi workers. This has made it possible to run employer, industry, and Government work schemes aimed at getting New Zealanders into work in gardens and orchards.
The RSE scheme has been a vital ingredient in the growth of horticulture and, given the right policy settings, will continue to support horticulture’s growth into the future, which the Ministry estimates will increase by another 5.2% this year.
For more information
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Other news in this sector: