Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
January 26, 2018
US (MI): Attend Ag Action Day in KalamazooOne of the flagship, long-running meetings Michigan State University Extension has conducted in southwest Michigan is Ag Action. In 2018, this day-long meeting will take place Friday, Jan. 26 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Kalamazoo Valley Community College (6767 W. O Ave., Kalamazoo, MI 49003).
No matter what your interest is—field crops, tree fruits, gardening, horse care, septic tank maintenance and much more—MSU Extension specialists and educators will be on-hand to present relevant information and answer your questions. Programs for each area of interest—for example, fruit production—are typically held in the same classroom so attendees do not need to walk for each session. However, all are welcome to visit sessions in any area of interest throughout the day.
Several sessions will be offering pesticide applicator recertification (RUP) credits and Certified Crop Advisor continuing education credits—see the event flyer for more details.
The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) will also be offering the RUP exam on site. For those who only want to take the exam, there will be a $5 admission fee (does not include lunch or access to educational sessions) payable to MSU in addition to the exam fees that will be payable to MDARD.
Click here for more information and to register.
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Other news in this sector: