Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
January 26, 2018
US (MI): Attend Ag Action Day in KalamazooOne of the flagship, long-running meetings Michigan State University Extension has conducted in southwest Michigan is Ag Action. In 2018, this day-long meeting will take place Friday, Jan. 26 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Kalamazoo Valley Community College (6767 W. O Ave., Kalamazoo, MI 49003).
No matter what your interest is—field crops, tree fruits, gardening, horse care, septic tank maintenance and much more—MSU Extension specialists and educators will be on-hand to present relevant information and answer your questions. Programs for each area of interest—for example, fruit production—are typically held in the same classroom so attendees do not need to walk for each session. However, all are welcome to visit sessions in any area of interest throughout the day.
Several sessions will be offering pesticide applicator recertification (RUP) credits and Certified Crop Advisor continuing education credits—see the event flyer for more details.
The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD) will also be offering the RUP exam on site. For those who only want to take the exam, there will be a $5 admission fee (does not include lunch or access to educational sessions) payable to MSU in addition to the exam fees that will be payable to MDARD.
Click here for more information and to register.
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Other news in this sector: