Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Hungarian university discovers copper-resistant biopesticideCertis USA entered into a global Licensing Agreement with the University of Szeged in Hungary for a novel, patented biopesticide strain, Bacillus mojavensis strain R3B. Certis USA will develop, manufacture and market the novel strain as a biopesticide product for agricultural and horticultural uses worldwide.
The patented strain has a unique profile and has been found to be an effective antagonist against many pathogens, in particular soil-borne diseases, that effect fruits and vegetables. The university has identified the strain as copper resistant, allowing it to be combined with copper pesticides for enhanced control of plant pathogens.
This agreement brings another innovative technology to Certis USAís growing platform of biopesticides based on Bacillus technology, such as Bacillus thuringiensis, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens and Bacillus mycoides.
For more information
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Other news in this sector: