Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (NH): Berlin greenhouses to break ground in AprilAlthough delayed, construction of two giant greenhouses that would employ 80 people and produce salad greens and tomatoes for customers throughout the Northeast, is moving forward with a groundbreaking set for April.
Last year, North Country Growers LLC, a subsidiary of American Ag Energy of Boston, received permission from the Berlin Planning Board to construct the greenhouses, which cumulatively measure about 10 acres on 172 acres of land on East Milan Road that is currently owned by the city.
North Country Growers has offered to buy that land for $680,000 and on Friday, Richard Rosen, the chief executive officer of American Ag Energy, said he expects that sale to be completed in March.
Rosen said the greenhouses will be operational by the end of 2018, adding that apart from the construction delay, the only change in the plan is that a slight expansion of the facility may take place earlier than later.
Read more at the New Hampshire Union Leader (John Koziol)
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Other news in this sector: