Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Vine-ripened tomatoes are a very neat sales gimmick"
- US: Controlled environment agriculture experiencing rapid growth
- CAN (NB): Extreme flood causes plants in nursery to swim
- New sensors and forecasting algorithms for smart agriculture
- "The reintroduction of industrial hemp is in full swing worldwide"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ghana: Tomatoes plagued by mysterious diseaseThe livelihood of young farmers at the Bandem Irrigation project is under threat as a strange disease has made it impossible for them to cultivate tomatoes for the past three years.
The strange disease, according to the farmers, started attacking their farms in 2015 and though they have reported it to the Department of Agriculture in the Builsa north district, they have not had any response from them.
Atiinka Akumkperimi, a 38 year old tomato farmer, told Starr News that for the past three years anytime the tomatoes begin to fruit, they dry off.
Read more at Starr FM
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Other news in this sector: