Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Hydroponics to increase production of vegetables in RajThe agriculture department of Rajasthan is planning to experiment with the use of hydroponics technique in the cultivation of a few vegetables. An Australian delegation visited the government’s centre of excellence at Bassi in Jaipur district recently to study the prospects of introducing the technique in the state.
“Soon, the Australian government will send a formal proposal for sharing this technique with Rajasthan, after which the work will start,” said Prabu Lal Saini, the state agriculture minister.
The three-member delegation, including South Australian government’s investment manager (Indian trade) Rahul Ranjan and Australian firm Ironwood’s chief consultant Mark Cody, studied the site and infrastructure at the centre for two days beginning January 11.
Saini said that hydroponics technique would be used in the farming of tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumber (kheera) and coloured capsicum. The farming of these vegetables will be done in 4,000 square metre area in Bassi. Use of the technique would increase the yields many folds, he said.
Read more at the Hindustan Times (P Srinivasan)
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Other news in this sector: