Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Hydroponics to increase production of vegetables in RajThe agriculture department of Rajasthan is planning to experiment with the use of hydroponics technique in the cultivation of a few vegetables. An Australian delegation visited the government’s centre of excellence at Bassi in Jaipur district recently to study the prospects of introducing the technique in the state.
“Soon, the Australian government will send a formal proposal for sharing this technique with Rajasthan, after which the work will start,” said Prabu Lal Saini, the state agriculture minister.
The three-member delegation, including South Australian government’s investment manager (Indian trade) Rahul Ranjan and Australian firm Ironwood’s chief consultant Mark Cody, studied the site and infrastructure at the centre for two days beginning January 11.
Saini said that hydroponics technique would be used in the farming of tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, cucumber (kheera) and coloured capsicum. The farming of these vegetables will be done in 4,000 square metre area in Bassi. Use of the technique would increase the yields many folds, he said.
Read more at the Hindustan Times (P Srinivasan)
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Other news in this sector: