Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Young entrepreneur aims to feed Fiji with hydroponicsSandhiya Goundar, who is a lecturer in social science at the University of Fiji, is looking to begin a hydroponic farm in Fiji.
This, she believes, will in turn not only give back greater yields and profits, but potentially create employment.
"I come from a farming background so I always wanted to start up a greenhouse.
"We are doing small-scale farming and selling it to the local community and hotels as well. But I wanted to start up the greenhouse because the yield increases by 50 per cent. So that was where I got the idea of greenhouse. But the YES program wanted something very unique so I incorporated hydroponics as part of my business proposal."
With land already available for her farm, Ms Goundar will grow vegetables such as lettuce, cucumber, dhania, capsicum, okra and karela, chillies, beans, watermelons and tomatoes.
Read more at The Fiji Times (Filipe Naigulevu)
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Other news in this sector: