Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (IA): Urban farmer is changing the Des Moines foodscapeDogpatch Urban Gardens is the only for-profit farm in Des Moines city limits — the realization of one of Jenny Quiner's dreams.
"It sounds kind of silly to say I took this online course (in urban farming) and it started my career, but this course was monumental," Quiner said. "It's all just very serendipitous, how it all worked out. I feel like everything that has happened at this farm has unfolded in the right way."
The local restaurants who utilize her organic produce are a who's who of the Des Moines culinary scene. You can find her pea sprouts at Baru 66, her salad greens at Table 128, her microgreen mix at Harbinger.
"I see her becoming a household Des Moines name and Dogpatch Urban Gardens becoming synonymous with Jenny Quiner," said Lynn Pritchard, Table 128 co-owner and executive chef. "She's embedded in the (local food) culture, and I think that's to her benefit. The message to her branding is 'cultivating community.'"
Read more at the Des Moines Register (Brian Taylor Carlson)
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Other news in this sector: