Job offersmore »
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Get more energy by having this blue alga at breakfast
"Spirulina very popular in France"
Eric Constans cultivates spirulina. The blue algae variety is rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals, which benefits your whole body. This Frenchman began growing this alga in February 2017.
The Spirulina is cultivated in large basins
Gap in the market
Eric says, "It is going well. My customers are very pleased and I get a lot of word-of-mouth advertising. This means my customer base is growing. "The tablets and sachets Eric produces sell well throughout the year. For instance, people stir this in with their breakfast shake. Besides tablets and sachets, Eric also sells chocolate tablets and bonbons that contain this alga. There is a huge spike in demand for these around Christmas time. According to Eric, the chocolate-spirulina mix is nice and crunchy. "At first, the tablets taste only of chocolate, but then you get a spirulina aftertaste."
Spirulina does not smell very pleasant. "It is an alga; you can smell it. My customers do not like the smell but, fortunately, it tastes good - quite neutral with a slight saltiness."
Age-old and very healthy
Spirulina is considered to be a real miracle cure. This blue alga has been around since time immemorial. It is an antioxidant that stimulates the immune system and can be used by anyone.
For more information:
La Spiruline de Montauban
Publication date: 1/16/2018
Other news in this sector: