- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
March 14-16, 2018 in Addis Ababa
Ethiopian horticulture industry prepares for HortiFlora 2018
The Ethiopian horticulture & floriculture industry has developed over the past 15 years into a full-grown player, and put itself on the world map as one of the leading exporters of cut flowers.
Ethiopia has got a competitive and comparative advantage for the production and export of horticulture product due to, among others, suitable agro-ecological zones, proximity to EU, USA, Middle East and Asia, trainable workforce with reasonable wage. Eyeing the huge potential of the sector, the government of Ethiopia availed 6000 ha of land for horticulture in Alage, Arbaminch, Awassa and Bahirdar.
The sector has shown exponential growth, generating foreign currency from the export which puts it on the 4th level from the coffee export and created huge job opportunities for the society. In order to accelerate the export capacity new developments have been seen within the past two years. The newly built cargo terminal-II by Ethiopian Airlines covering a total area of 150,000 m2 gives a total tonnage capacity of around 1m per annum together with terminal-I. It also includes a dry cargo terminal warehouse, a perishable cargo terminal with cool chain storage, making it the largest in the continent of Africa.
HortiFlora 2018 Expo is believed to be an instrument to attract new investors to Ethiopia and Promote members’ product to the world. To date, over 120 local and international producers, input suppliers, consultants, buyers and other pertinent stakeholders registered and secured space to get together.
The three day expo will be held with a focus on B2B meetings, side activities of workshops with the main actor of the sector & visit to the farms.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 02/28/2018 Birmingham exhibition Packaging Innovations started today
- 02/27/2018 Ethiopia: HortiFlora Expo 2018 cancelled
- 02/26/2018 China: Which exhibitions to attend in 2018?
- 02/23/2018 "Minimal labor needed for new tomato"
- 02/22/2018 US (OH): CropKing welcomes 5-Day Intensive Workshop participants
- 02/21/2018 "NL: "Cucumber variety Sumapol is the new standard"
- 02/20/2018 Australia: BerryQuest explores industry solutions
- 02/19/2018 HortiContact about to kick off in Netherlands
- 02/16/2018 Adora tomato takes silver at Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards
- 02/15/2018 Special exhibition at Biofach for plant breeding
- 02/14/2018 19th China International Fertilizer Show coming up
- 02/13/2018 Nelson and Pade co-founder to speak at Seeds and Chips
- 02/12/2018 Evergreen Farm wins GFIA award
- 02/09/2018 "HortiFlora Expo Ethiopia much more diversified this year"
- 02/08/2018 Spanish company launches tomato specialty varieties
- 02/07/2018 Meet & Greet with Masterchef and General Practitioner
- 02/06/2018 Indoor Farms of America upgrades container farm design
- 02/05/2018 Italy: Orticoltura tecnica in campo event
- 02/05/2018 Ethiopia present for the first time at Fruit Logistica
- 02/02/2018 Meet the Westland Team at Fruit Logistica