Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
March 14-16, 2018 in Addis Ababa
Ethiopian horticulture industry prepares for HortiFlora 2018HortiFlora Expo 2018 will be held on 14th - 16th of March 2018 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia at Millennium hall for the 7th time as a biennial trade fair. The expo is organized by Ethiopian Exporters Horticulture Producer Association (EHPEA) & HPP Exhibitions.
The Ethiopian horticulture & floriculture industry has developed over the past 15 years into a full-grown player, and put itself on the world map as one of the leading exporters of cut flowers.
Ethiopia has got a competitive and comparative advantage for the production and export of horticulture product due to, among others, suitable agro-ecological zones, proximity to EU, USA, Middle East and Asia, trainable workforce with reasonable wage. Eyeing the huge potential of the sector, the government of Ethiopia availed 6000 ha of land for horticulture in Alage, Arbaminch, Awassa and Bahirdar.
The sector has shown exponential growth, generating foreign currency from the export which puts it on the 4th level from the coffee export and created huge job opportunities for the society. In order to accelerate the export capacity new developments have been seen within the past two years. The newly built cargo terminal-II by Ethiopian Airlines covering a total area of 150,000 m2 gives a total tonnage capacity of around 1m per annum together with terminal-I. It also includes a dry cargo terminal warehouse, a perishable cargo terminal with cool chain storage, making it the largest in the continent of Africa.
HortiFlora 2018 Expo is believed to be an instrument to attract new investors to Ethiopia and Promote membersí product to the world. To date, over 120 local and international producers, input suppliers, consultants, buyers and other pertinent stakeholders registered and secured space to get together.
The three day expo will be held with a focus on B2B meetings, side activities of workshops with the main actor of the sector & visit to the farms.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/18/2018
Other news in this sector: