Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Poland gets first agrifood clusterAgroFreshPark, a Poland based development initiative, signed on the 10th of January 2018 a cooperation agreement with Europejskie Centrum Gospodarcze (ECG) at the main Fruit and Vegetable Industry Fair in Poland, the TSW 2018, for the development of the first agrifood cluster in Poland.
The three initiators and main shareholders of AgroFreshPark are Greenport Company, Kenlog b.v. and Blue Fifty, three companies with a track record in fresh food and flower logistics, real estate development and trade and utility management. They have been working together for the last three years to convert the Dutch “greenport” model into an efficient and effective production, logistic and trading structure for the fast developing Polish agri-food sector.
Europejskie Centrum Gospodarcze (ECG) is a Polish production, processing and international trading company of agricultural products and will, as part of the agreement, act as regional partner for the development.
AgroFreshPark is considered to be the first agrifood cluster of its kind in this part of Europe and shall be situated in Central Poland within the Łódzkie Region. Therefore, this agrifood cluster shall use the name AgroFreshPark Łódzkie. The strong growth of the Polish agricultural exports creates additional opportunities for both Dutch and Polish companies. AgroFreshPark Poland shall be a balanced import and export trading platform for the two countries.
AgroFreshPark Łódzkie shall consist of three related but functionally, different sections, i.e. the Fresh Park, a business park for transport/logistics (cross-docking), trade, packaging and processing of fresh produce, the Agro Park, an area reserved for large-scale greenhouse production with all the supporting infrastructure, and a Services Park, providing facility management, utilities, training and educational services, estate management, research, demonstration and promotion of technology, IT services and specific financial services.
AgroFreshPark earlier entered into cooperation agreements with Certhon and Jaksa for the engineering and construction of the greenhouses.
For more information:
Publication date: 1/15/2018
Other news in this sector: