Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Windows shattered at De Ruiter Experience CenterA strong local whirlwind during a severe winter storm in the Netherlands on January 3, caused several glass windows of the new De Ruiter Experience Center to break. "After careful consideration of the damage, and the time needed to remove all the glass particles from the glasshouse, we have decided to postpone the opening of the De Ruiter Experience Center which was scheduled on February 1, 2018 to a new date (to be confirmed)."
On January 3rd, several growers in the region were faced with a local whirlwind, resulting in several glasshouses in the neighbourhood being damaged, the De Ruiter Experience Center being one of them. Quite a pity for the De Ruiter team since the greenhouse was built only last year and is equipped with a extensive range of measurements systems, since data collection plays a big roll in the Experience Center.
But there's also a bright side on all of this. "Because of the safety glass used for the construction, the damage to the De Ruiter Experience Center has been kept to a minimum. Most repairs have already been made and data collection continues. Our team is working around the clock to make sure everything will be ready soon."
"We regret to have to postpone this launch, for which many people have worked hard. But we want to make sure we provide our guests, customers and stakeholders with the best possible experience when visiting our state-of-the-art demo-glasshouse. And taking our safety standards into account, rescheduling the opening day is the best option."
A new opening date will be communicated as soon as possible.
De Ruiter Seeds
telephone +31 6 21 34 76 61
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Other news in this sector: