- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- €172 million to promote EU agri-food products in and outside the EU
- North Carolina indoor city farm nears completion of Phase 1
- US: Most agricultural commodities neutral to profitable
- Australia: Mother Nature knocks down Queensland fruit farmers again
- Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
AmericanHort aligns with MPS
The partnership was spurred by AmericanHort's initiative to provide new, industry-leading programs to help its members perform better, grow faster, and prepare for the future.
"Our alliance with MPS will promote and expand best practices in the area of environmental sustainability, enabling the entire industry to perform better," said Ken Fisher, president and CEO of AmericanHort. “The sustainability standards introduced through this alliance should improve profitability for the industry.”
As a pioneer of sustainability standards, MPS has been perfecting the formula to define best practices for growers for over 20 years. Its MPS-ABC Sustainability Certification program evaluates a company's performance in five sustainable categories, including use of crop protection agents, fertilizers, energy, water, and recycling. Participants in the program receive benchmark data and feedback on their individual performance in these categories four times per year. The MPS-ABC certification focuses on continuous improvement and indicates that a grower is a sustainability leader in their field.
“We have more than 3,000 growers participating in the MPS-ABC Sustainability Certification globally, but less than 100 of those are based in North America,” said Arthij van der Veer, general coordinator for North America at MPS. “The alliance with AmericanHort provides a great opportunity to work more closely with the horticulture industry in general and growers individually. Through this we can help increase transparency and sustainability in this region.”
Among 70 North American growers who have already signed up for the program, Tom Demaline, owner of Willoway Nursery in Ohio and AmericanHort board chairman, is eager to test out the value of the MPS-ABC Sustainability Certification program.
“We are continually looking for ways to be a more environmentally conscious operation, improve our business practices and our bottom line,” said Demaline. “We look forward to identifying opportunities for improvement through this MPS certification process.”
Through the AmericanHort and MPS alliance, a US Sustainable Grower of the Year awards program will be launched in 2018. The awards will be open to the entire industry and more details will be available soon.
More information about how the AmericanHort and MPS cooperation will positively impact the green industry will be revealed during the AmericanHort town hall meeting on Friday, January 12th at MANTS. The latest updates about the sustainability partnership will also be posted at AmericanHort.org.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Spain: Nazca private equity becomes majority shareholder of aromatic herbs company
- 10/17/2018 South Africa: Woolworths called out for ‘organics’ claim
- 10/17/2018 Europe’s largest retailer teams up with IBM
- 10/17/2018 North Carolina indoor city farm nears completion of Phase 1
- 10/17/2018 Toni Bucci joins AgBiome Innovations team
- 10/16/2018 Argentina: Tomato producers denounce obstacles to export to Paraguay
- 10/15/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/15/2018 Two new hires for Nogales grower
- 10/15/2018 Sainsbury’s UK: 'Brussels sprouts' and 'pigs in blankets' flavoured teas
- 10/15/2018 ‘Meicai’ app funding round generates more than $600 million
- 10/15/2018 100th anniversary celebrated by setting a world record
- 10/15/2018 Hatenboer-Water appoints two new managers
- 10/12/2018 New tomato brand to be launched December 2018 in Western U.S.
- 10/12/2018 Chambers bolsters partner grower network to strengthen year-round berry offering
- 10/12/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers hires new Executive VP of Sales
- 10/11/2018 "Horticulture sector is gigantic and with an incredible international orientation"
- 10/11/2018 CubicFarm Systems readies for expansion into cannabis sector as Bevo Agro prepares to become Zenabis Global
- 10/11/2018 New export platform for Belgian agricultural products
- 10/11/2018 CO2 GRO appoints Dr. Matt Julius as Acting Chief Science Officer
- 10/10/2018 New Zealand retailer New World enters war against plastic waste