Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Prevention is the best way to manage greenhouse weeds"Weeds can be especially troublesome in greenhouses. They starve plants of nutrients, water and light. They also protect insects, mites, rodents and other pests.
“Not only are weeds a problem in and of themselves ... (but) many greenhouse weeds harbor other pests, including white fly, and may be an alternate host for important viral diseases,” said Joe Neal, a professor of weed science and department Extension leader at North Carolina State University.
And if your greenhouse crops are to be potted outdoors later, “then the weeds tag along,” he said.
So what’s a greenhouse grower to do?
Read more at the Log Cabin Democrat (Dean Fosdick)
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Other news in this sector: