- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Spain: Shortage of labourers for the berry harvest
In a press conference, and asked about this issue, he assured that the "800 people who have applied for the job offer issued by the Andalusian Employment Service (SAE) of the Government of Andalusia on its web portal will be more than welcome. This ad offered 11,990 jobs for the strawberry harvest, but it has become clear that the administration "will have to take action on the matter with recruitment at source."
It is worth recalling that an agreement was reached on 19 December at the Migration Flows Commission to give a boost to the recruitment of Moroccan seasonal workers.
"As everything in life, the key is to be responsible and committed and for everything in the fields of labour and safety to be audited by the Administration." At this point, he stressed that Asaja and Freshuelva "have been trying since 1998 to solve the labour shortage issue and we have had two years suffering its impact, despite the unemployment figures."
In this regard, he said that "if it were not for the recruitment quota to prevent the red fruits from being left unharvested, the sector would be in a very different situation." He trusts that the administrations "have come to terms with the issue after two years of negotiations, and so the necessary workforce will be available in March."
Source: Europa Press
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/09/2018 Canadian Greenhouse Conference '18: here's the recap
- 10/09/2018 "Importance of the propagation stage one of the biggest lessons learned"
- 10/01/2018 Niche event unites the seeds industry
- 10/01/2018 "Pyramid-shaped pots promotes excellent drainage"
- 09/28/2018 "Growers have expanded their crop protection products beyond standard chemical controls"
- 09/24/2018 Greenyard to sell horticultural division
- 09/24/2018 “A greenhouse so clean, you can perform a surgery in it”
- 09/20/2018 "Helping growers with innovative products is at the heart of the company"
- 09/17/2018 Bejo introduces new sustainable seed coating
- 09/12/2018 Turkey: Turkish tomato growers drop the use of American seeds
- 09/10/2018 Which film suits your tomato planting the best?
- 09/10/2018 When should I remove the coating?
- 09/06/2018 UK fruit and veg growers can employ up to 2,500 migrants per year
- 09/05/2018 Levy-funded project creates online greenhouse toolbox for veg growers
- 09/04/2018 "LEDs bring the harvest of strawberries forward"
- 09/03/2018 "Intelligent Sprayer: commercialization approved"
- 09/03/2018 Increasing lettuce coloration with LEDs
- 08/22/2018 Kenya: Retired chemist grows vegetable seedlings for money
- 08/20/2018 "Compostable twine holds up well in the stress of hot summers"
- 08/09/2018 France: Vilmorin-Mikado acquires Danish seed company Advanseed