Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New produce printing method uses food colouring
A method for printing fruit and vegetables with food colouring has been developed by Kellermeister Manns GmbH.
The trick is to print round objects of varying shape and diameter without bruising. The company uses a process with special food dyes that they claim do not affect the fruit's taste or shelf life. With the patent-pending method developed by the exhibitor, even delicate tomatoes can be printed without any marks or bruising.
The process allows for customer logos for marketing purposes, growers' logos to identify the brand, or batch numbers for traceability. Apples, pears, oranges, bananas, tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers and many other fruit and vegetable varieties can be visually enhanced in this way.
For more information:
Kellermeister Manns GmbH
Tel: +49 2045 960 477
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Other news in this sector: