- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- St. Vincent hops on the MMJ bandwagon
- “Consumption of rotten tomatoes causes cancer”
- Lithium batteries in agriculture: Bagioni equip its machines
- New vertical farming light bar/panel hybrid designed to maximize yields with less space
- US: Incentives aid greenhouses and nurseries in implementing energy efficiency practices
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
New e-commerce & retail solution:
The Gardians spreads its wings
As well as the company name, the name of the products is The Gardians. These are little young plants packed in a special packaging which keeps the plants fresh without extra care. The product can be sent via regular mail or placed in every store with no maintenance requirements. "The package makes shelf life longer as the humidity and air transfer keeps the plants in good shape. In the supermarket, for example, they can have a shelf life of around 5-8 days and in the fridge around 14 days."
According to Avni, the product mainly targets the millennials that is looking for a new experience and does not have a background in growing anything. "Going green and growing organically is really a trend at the moment. On top of that, this generation likes to grow their own food and plants, but want to succeed instantly. And with a young plant, instead of a seed, the success rate will be higher."
Two of the four herb mixes. On the picture; Barbeque and Italian mix. The other mixes are Tea mix and Salad mix
Currently, the packaging has been designed in 5 different themes, consisting of four herb mixes and different themes with orchids. The mixes are supplied by Hishtil and the orchids by Dutch orchid grower Optiflor. They grow, pack and sell the young plants to garden centers and retailers. The Gardians supplies the whole concept; marketing support, license to grow and all the material to pack the product.
Spreading its wings
The company The Gardians, was launched in the beginning of 2017 and over the last year, they have put a lot of effort in trials and marketing the product. This year, more focus can be given to distributing the product and expanding the markets of the product. "At the moment, it is available at retailers and garden centers in Germany and the Netherlands, but in the near future, it will also become available in France, the UK and Italy."
Also beyond Europe, they are planning to put The Gardians on the market. "We are currently in touch with leading companies in the US and China that can grow the products for their markets", says Avni.
Next to expanding markets with their current product lines, they are also working on expanding the lines. "Soon, we will introduce indoor plants and we are eager to expand with bedding pants too. Currently, we are trialing different varieties in our Hishtil facilities."
IPM and Fruit Ligistica
Eager to learn more about The Gardians? They are on display at the booth of Hishtil and Viscon AimFresh (The retail division of Viscon Group) at the IPM Essen (January 23-26) and Fruit Logistia Berlin (February 7-9)
For more information:
Facebook: The Gardians
22nd Yarden st. Moshav Nehalim, 4995000, Israel
3295 KH 's-Gravendeel
P.O. Box 5103
3295 ZG 's-Gravendeel
T: +31 (0) 78 673 98 98
F: +31 (0) 78 673 34 34
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 New facility to research the farm of the future
- 10/17/2018 US (OH): Hydroponic program gets boost from police department
- 10/16/2018 Urban farming during World War Two
- 10/16/2018 New vertical farming light bar/panel hybrid designed to maximize yields with less space
- 10/12/2018 Grow & Roll with vertical farms
- 10/11/2018 AI does food
- 10/11/2018 US (HI): Researchers help Waimānalo families use aquaponics, improve health
- 10/10/2018 UAE: Dubai South selected as site for Emirates Flight Catering project
- 10/10/2018 US (NJ): Strange-looking hydroponic farm at Forbes College is fully functioning experiment
- 10/10/2018 US (MO): Urban farming organization visualizes franchise model to produce fish and vegetables
- 10/08/2018 US (NY): Future chefs educated in hydroponic garden
- 10/08/2018 US (KS): Professor uses aquaponics to teach sustainability
- 10/08/2018 CAN (ON): DelFrescoPure announces partnership with CubicFarms
- 10/05/2018 Hydroponic farm as furniture
- 10/05/2018 Vertical farming - the reinvention of horticulture?
- 10/05/2018 US (CT): Students work hands-on with data analytics and IoT through aquaponics project
- 10/04/2018 EU invests 2 million euros to raise aquaponics awareness
- 10/04/2018 "Having little space is no longer an excuse"
- 10/04/2018 Be a part of Agrilyst’s annual State of Indoor Report
- 10/03/2018 Trinidad & Tobago: Aquaponic farmers get refresher course