Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Paraguay legalizes marijuana for medicinal and scientific usePresident of Paraguay Horacio Cartes signed a medical marijuana bill this week, which establishes a legal framework for the production and use of cannabis.
The law establishes a regulation for the controlled production of the marijuana plant. Though the legislation allows for the local production of cannabis products for medicinal purposes, it does not authorize “personal cultivation.”
The new regulation authorizes “the promotion of medical and scientific research into the medicinal, therapeutic and/or palliative use of the cannabis plant and its derivatives for the treatment of human diseases and conditions.”
Paraguay is the largest producer of marijuana in South America, and one of the top-10 producers worldwide. The National Anti-Drug Secretariat, taking a strict anti-cannabis stance, has devoted itself to crop eradication and fighting drug gangs from both Bolivia and Brazil. The law includes Senad involvement. It will oversee any cannabis cultivation or production process, as well as for the importation of plants and seeds.
Read more at the PanAm Post (Sabrina Martín)
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Other news in this sector: