- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Israeli technique is giving a plug to Indian vegetable growers
On January 17, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu accompanied by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to visit the CoE at Vadrad to view the successful Plug Nursery farming.
According to JK Patel, Deputy Director, Gujarat Horticulture Department, the CoE was launched in 2015 and has so far supplied about 60 lakh seedlings to about 9,000 farmers across the State and in neighbouring Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.
“We provide these seedlings at a token ₹1 [0.016 USD] per seedling. The purpose is to help farmers reduce the use of pesticides and fungicides by undertaking precision farming. This will also bring down the overall cost of farming. Also, timely sowing and early harvest make it commercially advantageous for them,” Patel said adding that the seedlings developed at the plug nursery start to grow from the first day of planting, unlike conventional seedlings, which take 7-8 days to reach the growth stage.
The CoE also provides one-day training to farmers on best practices of net-house farming and guidance on infrastructure for developing plug nurseries.
Read more at The Hindu Business Line (Rutam Vora)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 US: Rat lungworm infection linked to raw vegetables
- 09/12/2018 Pepper virus wreaks havoc in Balkan horticulture
- 09/11/2018 ICBA, South Korean agriculture agency join forces for biosaline R&D
- 09/11/2018 Unbelievably huge UK vegetables
- 09/10/2018 Best time to post on Social Media
- 09/07/2018 Why grow strawberries on coconut?
- 09/07/2018 UK: New pilot scheme to bring 2,500 seasonal workers to farms
- 09/06/2018 "With AI, jobs are changing but no mass unemployment expected"
- 09/06/2018 Video: Autonomous Greenhouse Challenge started
- 09/05/2018 Dreer Award offers opportunities to pursue horticultural interests abroad
- 09/05/2018 Red chilli pepper harvest in Xinjiang
- 09/04/2018 Microbial contamination important to growers even without rule
- 09/03/2018 Makueni County Youth set off for hydroponics training
- 09/03/2018 Reusing rinse water with innovative filter
- 08/31/2018 Spain: Painting the town …with tomatoes
- 08/29/2018 The problem with hyperaccumulators
- 08/29/2018 Students provide horticulture assistance in Timor-Leste
- 08/28/2018 All aboard the floating farm
- 08/27/2018 Vegetable crops and their response to nitrogen
- 08/23/2018 US (NH): High tunnels lead to higher ginger yields