- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
- New vertical farming light bar/panel hybrid designed to maximize yields with less space
- Winterproofing the greenhouse
- Israeli cucumbers more expensive due to viruses
- South Africa: "The extent of farm attacks must be internationally recognized"
- Ireland: Promising perspectives of attracting international visitors in rural areas
Top 5 -last month
- UAE: Syrian grower uses hydroponics to grow greenhouse lettuce
- ‘Florida growers say Trump's NAFTA substitute won't halt Mexico's advantages’
- Getting the most out of your greenhouse poly
- CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- "China: Model "fruit and vegetable installation" on show at Jiangxi"
Top 5 -last week
International collaboration leads to new TC transplantation method
“We foresee one more shift towards automation in young plants and ready plants production, which will be driven by a growing shortage in available labour and rising labour costs,” said Stephan and Friederike von Rundstedt, executive partners at BOCK Bio Science. “Making our contribution to a secure future in vegetative propagation, we have developed in vitro cultivation methods for various plant species with a stable and automatically usable RoBoPlug (pat. pend.). With this innovation we do not only offer clients a calibrated, uniform plant – we can also transplant it.”
“Until now,” Nico van Rooijen, CEO at Majestic Youngplants, explained, “it has been assumed that agar transplanting cannot be done. With tissue culture randomly planted, no machine would know where each plant is, ruling out automation for a fact. Our system challenges this status quo: it gives each plant an exact position and transcribes that position to a transplanter. Adding the jewel to the crown, we developed a rectangular container – the NicIn tray – that is 35% more efficient than conventional, round containers.”
On behalf of Majestic Youngplants and BOCK Bio Science, TTA took the RoBoPlug and NicIn tray and developed a working transplanting system for this application. Bram Verschoor, Commercial Director at TTA: “In regular propagation systems, the peat plug offers ample body for a gripper to work with. Transplanting tissue culture, however, is a different game altogether. We were able to tweak our existing Midi such that its grippers handle the precarious agar with extreme care and manoeuvre it without causing damage.”
Nurseries will now be able to retain the transplantation process on site, boosting their environmental footprint and cutting back on delivery times. The method saves planting labour, laboratory space, transportation costs and damages, and growing time. Nico van Rooijen concludes: “I expect our work will impact at least 20% of the global market for tissue culture transplantation.”
For more information:
BOCK Bio Science
Butendieker Landstraße 49A
Tel: +49 (0)421-2 78 68-0
Fax: +49 (0)421-2 78 68-55
462 Heatherton Road
Tel: (+61) 03 9551 2006
Tuinbouw Technisch Atelier
Van Beukelaarweg 45
2971 VL Bleskensgraaf
Tel: +31 (0) 184 69 11 05
Fax: +31 (0) 184 69 11 07
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/09/2018 Canadian Greenhouse Conference '18: here's the recap
- 10/09/2018 "Importance of the propagation stage one of the biggest lessons learned"
- 10/01/2018 Niche event unites the seeds industry
- 10/01/2018 "Pyramid-shaped pots promotes excellent drainage"
- 09/28/2018 "Growers have expanded their crop protection products beyond standard chemical controls"
- 09/24/2018 Greenyard to sell horticultural division
- 09/24/2018 “A greenhouse so clean, you can perform a surgery in it”
- 09/20/2018 "Helping growers with innovative products is at the heart of the company"
- 09/17/2018 Bejo introduces new sustainable seed coating
- 09/12/2018 Turkey: Turkish tomato growers drop the use of American seeds
- 09/10/2018 Which film suits your tomato planting the best?
- 09/10/2018 When should I remove the coating?
- 09/06/2018 UK fruit and veg growers can employ up to 2,500 migrants per year
- 09/05/2018 Levy-funded project creates online greenhouse toolbox for veg growers
- 09/04/2018 "LEDs bring the harvest of strawberries forward"
- 09/03/2018 "Intelligent Sprayer: commercialization approved"
- 09/03/2018 Increasing lettuce coloration with LEDs
- 08/22/2018 Kenya: Retired chemist grows vegetable seedlings for money
- 08/20/2018 "Compostable twine holds up well in the stress of hot summers"
- 08/09/2018 France: Vilmorin-Mikado acquires Danish seed company Advanseed