Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Farm feedback leads to 'happier, more efficient workforce'Four years ago at Lambton Shores, northwest of London, Adrian and Jodi Roelands started a plant propagation business with four acres of greenhouses and 30 to 50 seasonal staff.
Their second hire was a human resources specialist, because the Roelands could see that in order to achieve their goals, they would need to leverage team leadership skills and create systems to manage people.
From day one, motivating their employees and learning from them has been part of the Roelands’ business strategy, and this continues to be the driving force behind their success. “We really believe our staff knows what they are doing and that we need to harness that knowledge,” says Jodi.
This year the Roelands decided to just have a sit-down chat with each of their employees at the end of the busy season. Instead of a formal review process, Adrian met with each of them individually for about 15 minutes and asked them how things were going, and if they could see any way to improve on the system and changes that have been made so far.
Read more at CountryGuide (Maggie Van Camp)
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Other news in this sector: