Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Nuclear bunker becomes marijuana farmIn the quiet countryside of southern Germany, Christoph Rossner is transforming a former nuclear bunker into what could be Europe's largest medical marijuana grow-operation.
The 47-year-old entrepreneur says that because of Germany's tight restrictions on growing, he looked for a site that would offer ample security. "This place is perfect for us," Rossner said.
Rossner wants to retrofit the roughly 11,000-square-foot facility into a cannabis farm, where plants will grow to supply Germany's medical marijuana market. The facility will also provide cannabis for researchers from the Technical University of Munich and the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
In vaults the size of shipping containers, chemists will cut highly potent strains of marijuana to create genetic clones, which will be planted to produce more grows. The process ensures consistency from one harvest to the next. Also in the crypt, an industrial furnace once used to incinerate toxic materials will be used to burn any surplus pot — a requirement from the state.
The renovation is expected to cost between $1.8 million and $2.5 million.
Read more at Business Insider (Melia Robinson)
Publication date: 1/10/2018
Other news in this sector: