Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Germany: Nuclear bunker becomes marijuana farmIn the quiet countryside of southern Germany, Christoph Rossner is transforming a former nuclear bunker into what could be Europe's largest medical marijuana grow-operation.
The 47-year-old entrepreneur says that because of Germany's tight restrictions on growing, he looked for a site that would offer ample security. "This place is perfect for us," Rossner said.
Rossner wants to retrofit the roughly 11,000-square-foot facility into a cannabis farm, where plants will grow to supply Germany's medical marijuana market. The facility will also provide cannabis for researchers from the Technical University of Munich and the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
In vaults the size of shipping containers, chemists will cut highly potent strains of marijuana to create genetic clones, which will be planted to produce more grows. The process ensures consistency from one harvest to the next. Also in the crypt, an industrial furnace once used to incinerate toxic materials will be used to burn any surplus pot — a requirement from the state.
The renovation is expected to cost between $1.8 million and $2.5 million.
Read more at Business Insider (Melia Robinson)
Publication date: 1/10/2018
Other news in this sector: