Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Wales family grows world's heaviest chilliA family from Cwmbran are celebrating after receiving official confirmation from Guinness World Records for growing the heaviest chilli pepper in the world.
Kevin Fortey, helped by his 11-year-old son Jamie, snatched the record from rivals last year at the Canna UK National Giant Vegetables Championship at the Malvern Autumn Show.
The winning Poblano pepper weighed in at 0.348kg and was first world record to be grown hydroponically.
Kevin Fortey, whose dad Mike set up the idea of giant vegetable growing in the UK in the 1980s, said it was a product of “hard work and determination” and a “real family accomplishment”.
“My dad started of all the UK giant vegetable growing and it was the icing on the Christmas cake,” he said.
“We set out to try and secure world records but they’re getting harder and harder to achieve.
“When one comes along it’s quite a big accomplishment.”
Read more at the South Wales Argus
Publication date: 1/10/2018
Other news in this sector: