Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Wales family grows world's heaviest chilliA family from Cwmbran are celebrating after receiving official confirmation from Guinness World Records for growing the heaviest chilli pepper in the world.
Kevin Fortey, helped by his 11-year-old son Jamie, snatched the record from rivals last year at the Canna UK National Giant Vegetables Championship at the Malvern Autumn Show.
The winning Poblano pepper weighed in at 0.348kg and was first world record to be grown hydroponically.
Kevin Fortey, whose dad Mike set up the idea of giant vegetable growing in the UK in the 1980s, said it was a product of “hard work and determination” and a “real family accomplishment”.
“My dad started of all the UK giant vegetable growing and it was the icing on the Christmas cake,” he said.
“We set out to try and secure world records but they’re getting harder and harder to achieve.
“When one comes along it’s quite a big accomplishment.”
Read more at the South Wales Argus
Publication date: 1/10/2018
Other news in this sector: