Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Australia: Hydroponic grower back on track after stormAfter a tough start to 2017, New Reefs Hydroponics owner Alison Halpin is pleased her business is back up and running and looking good for the year ahead.
Early last year her property at Grasstree Beach was hit by Cyclone Debbie and it put her out of work for five months.
"We had a break at the beginning of the year due to the cyclone, we got wiped out so we sort of had a few months off,” she told The Daily Mercury at the weekly farmers markets in December.
"We lost the roof off our seedling house... so it wiped out all of our seedlings as well... that set us back a month. It actually wasn't on the Tuesday of the cyclone, it was the Wednesday when the winds turned and then virtually wiped all of the produce we had on the beds as well. So that was all gone.
"We were back to square one. We had damage done to plastics on the beds and road wash and things like that.”
Read more at The Daily Mercury (Zarisha Bradley)
Publication date: 1/11/2018
Other news in this sector: