- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Phosphate detection in hydroponics using molecularly imprinted sensors
The MIPs investigated were synthesised using different combinations of the functional monomers methacrylic acid (MAA) and N-allylthiourea, against the template molecules diphenyl phosphate, triethyl phosphate and trimethyl phosphate. A cross-interference study between phosphate, nitrate and sulfate was carried out for the MIP materials using an inductance, capacitance and resistance (LCR) meter. Capacitance measurements were taken applying an alternating current (AC) with a potential difference of 1 V root mean square (RMS) at a frequency of 1 kHz.
The cross-interference study demonstrated a strong binding preference to phosphate over the other nutrient salts tested for each formulation. The size of template molecule and length of the functional monomer side groups also determined that a combination of a short chain functional monomer in combination with a template containing large R-groups produced the optimal binding site conditions when synthesising a phosphate selective MIP.
Access the full study here.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 China: Growing 'electric' veggies
- 09/18/2018 Czech scientists make progress in microscopic examination of plants
- 09/18/2018 Screening protects citrus from greening and storms
- 09/17/2018 “We take the guessing out of commercial aquaponics"
- 09/17/2018 Divisional patent for Irrigation by Condensation (IBC) technology in India
- 09/17/2018 Ion exchange in the treatment of irrigation water
- 09/14/2018 NL: Sugar factory supplies water to growers
- 09/14/2018 Checking food with a smartphone thanks to a broadband infrared LED
- 09/14/2018 Australian company launches Priva accreditation scheme
- 09/14/2018 HortTechnology announces open access of applied horticultural research
- 09/13/2018 Smart cameras predict future development of cuttings
- 09/13/2018 Indoor precision agriculture platform enables connected indoor farm
- 09/13/2018 Water cooling and water tightness in LED fixtures
- 09/12/2018 Danes research greenhouse grow lamps
- 09/12/2018 US: Electrolyzed water system to treat and prevent plant diseases
- 09/11/2018 "No duplicate sensors, lower costs and uniform data"
- 09/11/2018 UK: Using maths and engineering to solve problems in food production
- 09/10/2018 US (AR): Oxygen's role in plant self-defense
- 09/10/2018 Nutrient removal from drainwater: the e-Phos showcased
- 09/07/2018 "Vertical farm products: easy to construct and transport"