- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Geothermal Resources Council, Geothermal Energy Association unification
Members of both organizations voted on the decision to unify and the results were overwhelmingly in favor. They will benefit from an increased value for their dues and improved networking relationships as the geothermal community moves forward together.
The activities of the GEA will be transitioned into the GRC in early 2018. One of the key activities is already underway through the establishment of a special committee, the GRC Policy Committee. This committee will focus on educating and lobbying leaders at state and federal levels to expand their knowledge about the geothermal industry. The committee will also assist the geothermal community in its awareness of opportunities to expand renewable energy projects, building a stronger platform for the entire U.S. energy grid. All members are encouraged to join in this new effort.
"Together, the now unified GRC and GEA can advance the geothermal community in more ways to connect with the larger energy industry and create a clean environment for future generations to enjoy," stated Maria Richards, President of the GRC Board of Directors.
Doug Glaspey, President of the Board of Directors for the GEA said, "The members of GEA look forward to working within a single organization to advocate for and advance sound geothermal law and policy that will expand our industry. The unification of our two organizations will allow us to pursue this mission in the most efficient manner possible."
The GRC will continue as a non‐profit, 501(c)3 corporation serving as the professional educational association for the international geothermal community, as a focal point for continuing professional development through outreach, information transfer and education services.
The GRC's Policy Committee will file an annual 501 (h) election, which allows them to conduct legislative and regulatory advocacy. An additional membership fee to join the Policy Committee will raise the funds for their activities. This provides the GRC with a mechanism to keep their primary members’ dues and funding completely separate.
The headquarters for the unified organization will be in Davis, California and operate under the name “Geothermal Resources Council” until further discussion of a possible name change is completed.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/22/2018 US (OR): Shining a light on sustainable cannabis production
- 10/18/2018 Iceland: Geothermal energy could be used for dehydrating greenhouse tomatoes
- 10/15/2018 Plan 2020: King Courgette guarantees that 100% of the energy used in its facilities is green
- 10/10/2018 "It's as if a car leasing company would also do the oil drilling"
- 10/09/2018 NL: "Availability of biomass under pressure"
- 10/05/2018 Support Scheme for Renewable Heat opens in Ireland
- 10/03/2018 Combining geothermal heat with super-fast internet
- 09/28/2018 Biogas specialist presents concepts for energy plants and slurry processing
- 09/28/2018 CAN (ON): "Avoid having biomass sent to landfill"
- 09/28/2018 "Energy industry is forever evolving"
- 09/28/2018 "Keeping up with high operational heating costs is a challenge"
- 09/26/2018 TomatoesNZ on the latest Emissions Trading Scheme review
- 09/24/2018 US (FL): Tecogen adds new service center to support growing fleet in Southeast
- 09/24/2018 Indoor farming: an opportunity for geothermal?
- 09/21/2018 California to build first large-scale water storage after 40 years
- 09/19/2018 New range of powerful medium speed V-Engines
- 09/13/2018 "Geothermal sector has 5 to 8 years to prove its competitiveness"
- 09/12/2018 "Transformers: a risk and business continuity puzzle"
- 09/04/2018 "Brexit reports misleading world of currency"
- 07/20/2018 "Use of CHP for biomass and green gas mainly at high lighting levels and CO2 requirement"