- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
UK: 2019 Nuffield Farming Scholarship applications open
Nuffield Scholarships are globally recognised, and often facilitate personal career development, as well as improvements in business and the agricultural industry, providing a truly life-changing opportunity.
Scholarships are funded by a raft of generous sponsors who provide successful candidates with a bursary of £7,000 to cover travel and subsistence for a minimum of eight weeks’ worth of global research.
2016 Scholar, Richard Hinchliffe explains that his Scholarship has greatly broadened his agricultural knowledge and helped him to successfully evolve his farming practices.
“I was awarded my Scholarship in 2015, on the topic of herbicide resistant weeds, after a long battle with blackgrass on my own farm in Yorkshire. Since then, my research has helped the farm to become blackgrass free for the first time in 17 years,” says Richard.
“During the 18-month study period I travelled to the USA, Australia and Argentina to investigate how other farmers and agronomists dealt with the challenge I was facing.
“I had the opportunity to see how farmers reacted to export quotas and crop tariffs, which led to over 60% of cropping land being placed into soybean production, and rapid development of herbicide resistance in many weed species,” he says.
Upon his return, Richard prepared an extensive report on his findings, and presented them to the industry at the annual Nuffield conference last November.
“Undertaking a Nuffield Scholarship has been one of the best professional decisions I’ve ever made. It’s given me a totally different outlook on the industry, expanded my contacts on a global scale and given me friends for life.
“I’d encourage anyone that’s motivated and passionate about their industry to rise to the challenge and apply for a Scholarship. You won’t regret it,” adds Richard.
Nuffield director, Mike Vacher, explains that he is looking forward to receiving applications from forward thinking individuals that are keen to broaden their horizons.
“The application deadline isn’t until 31 July 2018, but it’s important to start considering your submission as soon as possible. We can put you in touch with Scholars such as Richard, who will provide first hand advice and application tips.”
A Scholarship does not require academic qualifications, but applicants must be aged between 22 and 45 years old, be well established in their career, and be at least three years post tertiary education.
For more information
Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust
Tel: +44 (0) 1460 234012
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/16/2018 Argentina: Tomato producers denounce obstacles to export to Paraguay
- 10/15/2018 Peruvian company Virú acquires pepper distributor in Spain
- 10/15/2018 Two new hires for Nogales grower
- 10/15/2018 Sainsbury’s UK: 'Brussels sprouts' and 'pigs in blankets' flavoured teas
- 10/15/2018 ‘Meicai’ app funding round generates more than $600 million
- 10/15/2018 100th anniversary celebrated by setting a world record
- 10/15/2018 Hatenboer-Water appoints two new managers
- 10/12/2018 New tomato brand to be launched December 2018 in Western U.S.
- 10/12/2018 Chambers bolsters partner grower network to strengthen year-round berry offering
- 10/12/2018 US (OH): Great Lakes Growers hires new Executive VP of Sales
- 10/11/2018 "Horticulture sector is gigantic and with an incredible international orientation"
- 10/11/2018 CubicFarm Systems readies for expansion into cannabis sector as Bevo Agro prepares to become Zenabis Global
- 10/11/2018 New export platform for Belgian agricultural products
- 10/11/2018 CO2 GRO appoints Dr. Matt Julius as Acting Chief Science Officer
- 10/10/2018 New Zealand retailer New World enters war against plastic waste
- 10/10/2018 Kazakhstan project unveiled for a nursery with modern equipment
- 10/10/2018 Lidl Ireland to remove black plastic packaging from fruit & vegetables
- 10/10/2018 Jim McErlean becomes new VP of Sales at NatureSweet
- 10/10/2018 BC bell pepper grower ramps up by cooling down
- 10/10/2018 Driscoll's responds to 'slave-labor' claims at their Mexico operations