Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
US (FL): Liberty buys 200,000 sq.ft. greenhouse and processing facilitiesLiberty has entered into a binding term sheet to acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of 242 Cannabis Canada, whose wholly-owned subsidiary 242 Cannabis has agreed to purchase a 387 acre parcel of land in Gainesville, Florida.
The Property includes over 200,000 square feet of state-of-art greenhouses, head houses, tissue culture lab and processing facilities. The Company plans to retrofit the facilities over the coming months which will enable Liberty to expand their production capacity a year sooner than projected in order to meet the growing patient demand in Florida. Patient count continues to increase and at the end of 2017, approximately 64,000 patients had registered with the state, an almost 300% increase in total patients since June 30, 2017.
Upon completion of the retrofit, Liberty will be one of the leading medical cannabis providers in the Florida market with an expected annual capacity of 12,000 Kg of high quality, affordable, medical cannabis. Use of the facilities as an approved cultivation facility for Liberty under its MMTC license is subject to inspections and/or approvals from the Florida Department of Health, Office of Medical Marijuana Use.
“This acquisition of nearly 400 acres of property shows Liberty’s commitment to provide patients with a consistent supply of high-quality cannabis to meet their medical needs,” said George Scorsis, Director and CEO of Liberty. “Our state of the art facilities will be equipped with the latest in industry leading lighting technology and process automation.”
Until such time that the retrofit is completed at the new facility, Liberty will continue to operate their existing 36 acre facility, also in Gainesville. Since acquiring the existing facility, Liberty has made a number of process and automation improvements and expects to complete an increase in growing capacity to 24,000 square feet in early 2018.
For more information:
Liberty Health Sciences
14810 NW 94th Ave.
Publication date: 1/5/2018
Other news in this sector: